top of page

Surgery Update: Surgery is Scheduled for 05/24/23

Latest Up Date 05/04/2023


My Surgery consultation with OSU went much better than the previous 7 consultations I am comfortable with my surgeon and as of yesterday I have done all of my Pre-Operative Screenings. Now begins the long nervous wait for the day of surgery. While May 24 is quickly approaching it seems like time has slowed, I am continuing to work and prep myself and my kids for my surgery mentally and emotionally. I am trying not to worry about what comes during surgery and during recovery and am focusing on the things that I do have control over. I don't want to have surgery but I am looking forward to what comes after recovery and praying that there is a good outcome and no more pain.


I have a good support system My Cousin will be with me through surgery, My "Other Mother" will be with me after surgery. Continued Thoughts and Prayers are very much appreciated


I will be off work for between 3 and 8 weeks an anticipated return to work date of July 7th 2023

Latest Up Date 09/12/2022


My Surgery consultation from October 17, 2022 was Moved to yesterday. Surgery is still not scheduled due to a pending MRI and the obligatory options of area injections for temporary pain relief and a list of potential complications that could arise due to the removal of the coccyx. My MRI is scheduled for September 28 at 9:45am and I should have the reports available by the 29th. I will be meeting with the Surgeon again on October 5 to review any additional findings.




As many of you know I fell Back in December 2021 and broke my Coccyx (tailbone). I have had a lot of ups and downs with my injury and felt as if the pain was decreasing during normal activities and while working, but it just wasn't quite right. I am still experiencing pain when I sit down and stand up from a seated position and have a hard time sleeping for more than a couple of hours at a time. I met with Dr. Canini at Ohio health orthopedics at the beginning of August to see what my options were. After taking additional imaging he determined that my coccyx was in fact still broken and causing pain while I am trying to rest. he referred me to Ohio Health Orthopedic Surgery in Marion to see Dr. Kashigar. They ordered additional Imaging to reveal a closed fracture of Both my Coccyx and my sacrum with my S1 Vertebrae detached from my sacrum.

Currently I have a detachment of a portion of the Co4 and the S1 Vertebrae. Dr. Kashigar referred me to his partner for Surgery. I am on a waitlist for an earlier appointment but am currently scheduled to see Dr. Crowell for my final surgery consultation on October 17, 2022. They will be scheduling my surgery at my next appointment for a partial coccygectomy (removal of the broken portion of my coccyx) and potentially a fusion for my s1 vertebrae. This surgery will put me out of work for approximately 6 weeks. This Surgery has a 90% success rate and total recovery can take 2-3 months up to a year My plan is to return to work by the 6 week mark following a release from my doctor and my Physical Therapist.


I've been asked if I'm nervous about surgery and the answer to that is YES! I am nervous about the procedure, the Recovery but I have to say The Financial Repercussions of being off work are what scare me the most!


I have also been asked how I can be helped and as much as I do not like to ask for financial assistance that is where I need the most assistance being off work for 6 weeks and being self employed is devastating. So if you are in a position to help anything will help even just purchasing an additional massage package would help. they don't expire and can be used now or after I return from Surgery





Family Updates


As you know I am the Mother of 4, I have three Children still at home ages 11, 12, 18 and my 22 year old is out on his own. Over the past few months We have had a lot going on My son Dylan has some medical issues and has had a recent increase in Neurological symptoms from a cerebellar tonsil herniation. He is being seen by a new neurologist at Ohio Health in October and hopefully have new imaging done to see the progression his last MRI in 2019 showed a 3mm herniation and if it has progressed he may have a referral to the neurosurgeon for possible decompression surgery for Chiari Malformation. My Daughter Sophia is being evaluated for Chiari Malformation, an ankle fracture and potentially for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrom (a connective tissue disorder) because of her hyper-mobility and slower healing. She has both an MRI and X-rays on September 17, 2022. I am praying that her results come back negative for everything but we will deal with it as it comes. These are all conditions with which I am very Familiar and can help to manage.






Comments


Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page